General Rules (applicable to all)
1.1. These are rules that apply to all situations where you communicate to other AW members no matter what medium is used. They are not exhaustive and should be taken as a guideline on how to behave. We reserve the right to modify these rules and to defer to our own Judgement.
1.1.1. AhoyWorld is a welcoming community that respects its members and visitors. We expect everyone to maintain this environment and will take action against those who jeopardise that community spirit. Admins reserve the right to warn/kick/ban users whose behaviour is deemed disruptive or aggressive and not conducive to a place of tolerance/friendship/comradery. Whether the behaviour is disruptive or not will be determined on a case-by-case basis on the judgment of the admin/admins present.
1.1.2. Trolling in any form will be dealt with swiftly and harshly.
1.1.3. Racism or hate speech of any kind is not tolerated.
1.1.4. The minimum age for AhoyWorld membership is 14 however exceptions can be made based on maturity.
1.1.5. Follow guidance from Admins, they are there to ensure as many people have the best experience as possible.
1.1.6. Hacking, including but not limited to any activity deemed to impact the experience for other users. Any activity that sets out to negatively affect the performance of the server will be considered hacking. Users aware of suspicious activity who fail to report it run the risk of being included in any punishment.
1.1.7. Recruiting, or activity deemed to be considered recruiting is not permitted regardless of community size or membership status.
1.1.8. Illegal activity of any kind.
1.1.9. Use of the services provided by Ahoyworld are contingent on members making themselves aware of, and following all relevant rules.
1.1.10. Always follow the chain of command, contact an admin first, if necessary they will pass the matter on to the core staff team.
1.1.11. The admin team can change the rules as deemed necessary this can include bypassing rules for the sake of gameplay for the majority.
1.1.12. Discussion of religion or politics is not forbidden, however, if you choose to engage in these topics please understand differing views of others.
2. Teamspeak Rules
2.1. English is our language of choice but you are free to use your own language provided you are in a room where everyone speaks said language.
2.2. Posting of questionable material. Please don’t post any dodgy stuff on our Teamspeak. Rule of thumb if your mother saw what you posted would you be in trouble if the answer is yes then don’t.
2.3. Channel hopping for no good reason can be seen as trolling don’t do it!
2.4. When creating temporary channels, please treat the system with respect and do not abuse it.
3. Forum Rules
3.1. Read the stickies in the various forums before posting.
3.2. There’s a good chance someone has had the same enquiry before so have a look see before posting.
3.3. Be considerate in response and remember that not all of our members have English as a first language.
3.4. Be supportive and helpful! If you can help someone out then reply this community works best when everyone contributes and gets involved.
3.5. Personal Messaging staff works but don’t expect a response immediately.
3.6. Duplicate accounts are forbidden. In the case of an error, contact an admin to resolve, you will be allowed to choose which account you would like to keep, any abuse and both accounts will be banned.
3.7. By uploading image(s) to the website gallery you grant AhoyWorld the permission of unlimited usage rights which includes edits and advertisement usage.
3.8. The total size of forum signature images must not be larger than 800 x 180, sample image here.
4.1. Please follow the respective rule set of every game you play.
5. ArmA 3 Rules
Note: As our enhanced server is a special case there has been some repetition of rules, this is to ensure that play on our enhanced server is maintained at a more stringent level.
5.1. All Servers
5.1.1. No Teamkilling (TKing)
220.127.116.11. This includes harming friendly vehicles in any form.
18.104.22.168. Persistent team killing could result in a kick or a ban
22.214.171.124. Do not combat team killing by team killing offenders
126.96.36.199. Teamkilling as a result of using thermal optics or lack of a tag is not an excuse.
5.1.2. Play the mission as intended
188.8.131.52. Do not crash assets such as helicopters or vehicles into other things with intent.
184.108.40.206. Do not exploit bugs for personal gain, if a bug/loophole/exploit is found, report to an administrator as soon as possible.
220.127.116.11. Use your role to the best of your ability, if you’re a medic heal people, if you’re a repair specialist, keep your repair kit. Intentionally ignoring duties is frowned upon and may lead to your being moved to another role or being kicked.
5.1.3. Respect game immersion
18.104.22.168. Refrain from overuse or inappropriate use of Global or Side Chat especially in voice.
22.214.171.124. Do not hinder, pester or “troll” other players during their gameplay. This includes blocking doors, following other players around excessively.
126.96.36.199. Don’t steal vehicles, weapons or other equipment from other players or squads and return them undamaged when asked to do so.
188.8.131.52. Do not waste resources such as limited vehicle ammo or side mission rewards on purpose.
184.108.40.206. Pilots are a vital element in the flow of missions and so are most closely scrutinised for poor behaviour or poor ability.
220.127.116.11. Are advised and encourage to join TeamSpeak.
18.104.22.168. At the start of missions, the pecking order for a pilot slot will be: TeamSpeak users, known pilots, anybody else. In the event of a tie, it’s first come first served.
22.214.171.124. If you are very bad we suggest practising offline first and in extreme cases may ask you to surrender your slot to a known good pilot. If you refuse we may be forced to kick you.
126.96.36.199. Are in command of their aircraft, not the passenger or co-pilot. Don’t confuse this to mean that co-pilots cannot take control.
188.8.131.52. Pilots are required to engage with admins when requested. If an admin asks who the pilots are please respond.
184.108.40.206. AFK pilots will be kicked.
220.127.116.11. Pilots are required to land in designated areas! Landing in non-designated landing zones around spawn will most likely result in a kick.
18.104.22.168. Repeated crashing or abandoning choppers is not permitted.
22.214.171.124. Keep an eye on your gunners and respond immediately when asked by admins as to who your gunners are.
5.1.5. Report suspicious activity to an admin
126.96.36.199. Offensive behaviour
188.8.131.52. Rule breakers
5.1.6. Have fun and enjoy, for you and anyone around you!
5.2. I&A Rules
5.2.1. Upon entering the server you agree to abide by the rules set out any breaking of the rules can result in a kick or a ban.
5.2.2. Excessive lobby idling is not permitted if you are caught lobby idling excessively a temporary ban will be applied. Repetition of such can result in a perma ban.
5.2.3. Please refrain from using side or global radio channels they do not work and are not required.
5.2.4. Use chat effectively remember that there are many other players on the server ask yourself do they need to know what you want to communicate? Group or direct may be a better method to tell the people who need to know.
5.2.5. While we encourage people to play their roles apart from pilots we do not police this strictly. Please play your role but if someone is not doing the same just leave them at it.
5.2.6. The role of the admin is not to help make the mission easier we will not: teleport you, repair or replace vehicles.
5.2.7. Please don’t play music through direct.
5.2.8. If you accidentally team kill you need to apologise and explain yourself by typing in side channel immediately failure to do so may result in punishment. Do this before anything else.
4.3.1 Use of Teamspeak is mandatory.
- You must be on, and participating by using, TeamSpeak with a microphone (ts.ahoyworld.net).
- If assistance is required for TeamSpeak or Mod integration with TeamSpeak, seek help on Forums, not in-game.
- We are a European-based community, however, we ask that all users speak English on AWE.
4.3.2 Teamkilling not allowed.
- Sanctions will be applied to any player who intentionally takes an action which kills another player on their team.
- Examples of this include but are not limited to:
- Revenge killing, executions, messing around, even if somebody asks you or gives permission.
- Wrongfully using medical supplies, such as injecting someone with any sort of drug without a medical need.
- Daring or antagonising someone to team kill, and/or create a situation where team killing is very likely to happen.
4.3.3 Listen to Chain of Command
- Listen to the orders from your superior, and implement them to the best of your ability.
- You are free to question and discuss the orders as much as your superior gives you the latitude to do so, but if your behaviour becomes annoying or disruptive, you will be subject to sanction.
4.3.4 Text chat should be minimal.
- Only use cTAB and TFAR for in-game communication. Vanilla ArmA chat systems should only be used sparingly, and if Moderator assistance is required.
4.3.5 Fill the primary slots before secondary/support.
- Fill Alpha before Bravo and Support squads.
- One AT Squad is acceptable without a full Alpha and is exempt from the above
- UAV Operator without a Platoon Commander requires the consent of the Alpha Squad Leader.
- Platoon Medic and FAC should only be used with a Platoon Commander online.
- No more than two Support squads without a Platoon Commander online
- Hammer and/or Torch should only be used if Bravo can be filled, and a Platoon Commander is online.
- Vortex 1 Pilot requires zero Infantry. Vortex 1 CoPilot requires 8 infantry. Vortex 2 team requires 16 infantry.
4.3.6 Do not take actions which are disruptive in the base.
- This includes:
- Firing a weapon in base
- Throwing grenades or smoke grenades
- Dropping chemlights, even if you think you’re helping because it’s dark at the base. Use your night vision goggles, or ask if Zeus can drop a light.
- Planting explosives
- Talking above normal volume
- Driving/landing vehicles near the arsenal or player spawn zones
4.3.7 Pilots & vehicle crews must be authorised to use CAS/Armour.
- Pilots should not leave the base with CAS assets without direct orders from their direct superior.
- Pilots may suggest the use of CAS during mission planning; never during active operations.
- Apaches, Vipers and Tandem Planes should never be flown solo.
- CAS pilots and Tank Crews should be on standby in a safe orbit over/around the AO unless instructed otherwise by command element.
- Tank crews and CAS pilots must seek clearance from Command element prior to conducting strikes.
4.3.8 Play your role.
- If not a Medic or Engineer, don’t carry explosives or massive amounts of Medical gear. If no Medic or Engineer is online, seek permission from your superior.
- Use gear specific to your faction. If you’re in the field and run out of ammunition, ask permission before picking up an enemy weapon.
- Don’t overdo your loadout. A 40kg Rifleman is not acceptable.
4.3.9 First Medic is always in charge.
- The first medic on scene decides how to treat a patient. Do not apply any treatment without consent from the first medic on scene.
- Do not crowd casualties. If the Medic needs help treating a casualty, he will ask.
4.3.10 Radios should be used for important conversation.
- Please keep radio chatter to a minimum. Try not to use the radio to convey a message to someone standing next to you. When using the radio, always consider whether your message is relevant to everyone on the net.
- No two squads on the same shortwave channel.
4.3.11 Keep vehicles in their respective areas.
- Helicopters and ground vehicles may not be parked inside the spawn area.
4.3.12 Avoid collateral damage.
- Avoid civilians casualties
- Avoid needless destruction of civilian buildings and vehicles.
- Unless otherwise specified by the Commanding Officer, Rules of Engagement is fire if fired upon.
Administration Rules Admins
6.1. Admins, moderators and core staff strive to ensure that as many people as possible have a pleasant experience while at AW. Please heed their advice.
6.2. The structure of AW is set up roughly as
6.2.1. Core Staff
6.2.3. Moderators (Enhanced)
6.2.5. Field Ambassadors
6.3. Admins are not here to micro manage you will still need to play the game
7.1. If you have been banned and feel that the ban was unjust or unfair or simply disagree with the ban then you have the right to appeal on our forums.
7.2. Ban appeals must be posted in the appropriate section in the correct format before they will be considered.
7.3. Once banned you cannot be unbanned until a ban appeal has been posted.
7.4. Bans will not be discussed with non-relevant parties.
7.5. You must be truthful in your ban appeal if we feel that you are being untruthful or dishonest we will most likely not entertain your appeal or in the case of temporary bans may increase the time that you remain banned.
7.6. PMing or pestering admins will not help your ban appeal! Appeals will be examined at our pace so you will just have to wait.
7.7. Punishment not inclusive of bans are non-negotiable. If you have been punished due to behaviour you have no right to any perks to get you to where you were e.g. if you were zapped with lightning by Zeus in a vehicle you do not get a replacement.
7.8 My brother/cousin/dog/ goldfish did it is not a valid excuse it’s your responsibility to keep control of your accounts.